This is the privacy statement of Eurocape B.V., hereafter also ‘North Sea Fossils’. For our contact details see at the end of this statement under the heading ‘What if you have questions or complaints?’. In this privacy statement we will inform you about the use of your personal data (hereafter also ‘data’) by North Sea Fossils.
Short privacy statement
For selling articles from our website we need your personal data, which we will keep for a maximum of 7 years in our financial records.
We collect and use personal data for several purposes, including the following:
- For administering a sale.
- For collection of user statistics, IP addresses, browser information, length of visit.
- For our financial records.
The persons of which we use personal data have certain rights in relation to their data.
For what purpose do we use your data?
We use your data for the following purposes
- To enable you to make an account on our website and secure your account.
- To be able to send you electronic notifications of account registration and order activity.
- To be able to process payments, create invoices and update our financial records.
- To be able to process the order.
- To make and analyse visitor statistics.
On which grounds is the use of your details based?
We use your details on the following basis:
The data are necessary to enable the agreement we have with you, or of which you are party.
The data are necessary for us to comply with legal obligations.
The data are necessary for our legitimate interest, or those of others.
The legitimate interest is:
- Our commercial interest to gain more insight into our users and clients and their wishes.
Are your details passed on to parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
No, we do not pass on your details to parties outside the European Economic Area, they are only stored on servers located inside the EEA.
How long do we store your details?
We store your data no longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collect them.
Generally the following storage periods are valid:
Sort of data
Client data (name, address, town, email address, telephone number)
Until 2 years after last transaction
Invoice details, transaction details and other financial details
7 years as required by legal fiscal storage period obligation
Account details (log-in name, password)
As long as the account is in use
Order history (other than kept under legal storage period obligation)
As long as you have an agreement or other relationship with ourselves and until 2 years afterwards
Until 6 months after last website visit
Website use information
Until 6 months after last website visit
Which rights do you have?
You are legally entitled to the following rights relating to your personal data:
- To ask for a copy of the data we hold for you.
- To receive information about how your data are processed.
- To have incorrect data corrected.
- To have incomplete details added to, in relation to the purpose for which the details are used.
- To have your data deleted.
- To have your data ‘limited’.
- To object to the use (the processing) of your data.
- To withdraw permission to use your data if you have previously given such permission; the withdrawal will apply to future use of your data.
- If you have submitted data yourself, or if they have been generated for you (for instance based on your use of our services), and you have given permission for such use or if your data are necessary to execute our arrangement, and if the details are processed electronically: to obtain your details in a structured and current format in electronically readable form, and, if technically possible, to allow for transfer to other parties.
- To file a complaint with the relevant privacy supervisor (this may by the supervisor in the country or your usual residence, where you conduct your business activities, or were (alleged) violation of your privacy rights has occurred), in The Netherlands the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’.
To exercise your rights you can contact us through the contact details listed under the heading ‘What if you have questions or complaints? ’.
In certain instances it is possible that we are entitled to refuse your request. In that case we will inform you why your request has been denied. It is possible we will not be able to execute our arrangement with you if we no longer hold certain of your personal data, in which case we will also inform you.
Most of your data can be found in your personal online account. You can log in and adjust the data yourself. To see details not stored on your online account you can contact us directly (see: ‘What if you have questions or complaints?’).
What if you have questions or complaints?
If you have questions or complaints about the use of your data or about this privacy statement, please contact:
+31 6 12635537
Can this privacy statement be adjusted?
Yes. This privacy statement has been drawn up in June 2018. We reserve the right to adjust this privacy statement. When important changes are made we will notify you, for instance by email.